I’ve been preparing the stuff for the door frames. The upper doors will have applied mouldings to match the glazing bars and the lower doors will have a simple moulded inner edge which will retain the door panels.
The upper door stuff is simply cross-veneered, but the lower door stuff is first rebated to accept cross-grained blocks (to accommodate the moulded edge), then planed level and then cross-veneered the same as the upper door stuff.
The temperature in my little tin shed rose quite ferociously in the recent hot spell. The cornice (being the closest to the roof and therefore the most vulnerable) shrank quite considerably. By the time I noticed it, it was too late to do anything about it. I measured the moisture content of the cornice mouldings and the meter read zero! In the past day or so, the splits have closed a little.
I’m not too concerned as we’ve just entered autumn and will therefore experience inclement weather by the time I get round to finishing the cabinet and anyway, the shrinkage is quite authentic (although I’d have preferred it not to commence until I have applied the finish).