Before emailing me, there are a few points you should be aware of:
- Please write intelligibly. I’m not typoglycaemic: If I can’t comprehend the first line of your message, I will delete it.
- I welcome discussion and receiving images pertinent to the content of this blog. However, I am not available for deliberation of personal possessions (unless relevant) or other non-related matter – this is a narrowly-focused hobby to me, not a broader public service.
- I know very little about, and have even less interest in furniture made after 1820.
- I don’t appraise furniture on-line. Period.
If you are seeking advice or a valuation on your furniture, try contacting a reputable auction house. Alternatively, contact the British Antique Dealers Association, the National Antique and Art Dealers Association of America, or an antiques association in your country.
- I generally don’t produce drawings of the furniture I make; therefore none are available to share.
- I own few tools because I don’t require many – at any rate, I don’t buy tools unseen.
- I will do my utmost to respond to your message in a timely fashion, but I’m retired and therefore quite busy.